Looking for something new to experience in the beloved North Fork? Look no further! Here is a short list of some of my favorite things to do.
1. Take a stroll through Lavender By the Bay in East Marion. One of the largest lavender farms in the USA, this beautiful haven is an absolute ‘must see’. Entry to the beautiful fields is a mere $5; this affordable excursion is a true dream date destination. Be sure to stop by the gift shop and pick yourself up some of their famous lavender honey before it’s gone!
2. Itching to get back on the green? Join the Cedars Golf Club in Cutchogue. The nine par-three holes spans over 13 stunning, tree-lined acres. Four ponds create significant water hazards; and the abundance of trees and greenery make for a challenging course that will test your skill and satisfy your love for nature.
3. Want to upgrade this year’s North Fork surfing trip? A stay at The Surf Lodge overlooking Montauk’s famous coastline is the ultimate summer experience. Immerse yourself in the surf lifestyle and aesthetic at the lodge, conveniently close to the many beaches, eateries, and night-life spots Montauk has to offer.
4. Immerse yourself in culture, visit the William Ris East Gallery. Past exhibits have featured artists such as Sandra Bloodworth, Deborah Brisker Burk, and Miro Sinovcic to name a few.
5. Want to meet people who love paddle-boarding as much as you do? Join the One Love Beach community for fun events and adventures such as their Weekly “Pint and Paddle”, a paddleboard excursion followed by grabbing a pint together at a local pub.